We’re HiringJanuary 22, 2018
Aurora Area Interfaith Food Pantry is seeking applications for the position of Executive Administrative Assistant.
Reports to and works under the direction of the Executive Director and collaboratively with the Director of Philanthropy and the Development Team. Performs administrative and office support activities for the Executive Director, relieving the director of administrative type functions in order to increase the time available for executive level responsibilities. Duties include word processing, creating spreadsheets, data entry, meeting and presentation preparation, written communication, AR and AP accounts, fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, office equipment and supply management, filing, and other duties, as required.
1. Enter donations into donor database, noting any special circumstances
2. Process thank you letters in timely fashion, working with ED and Dir of Philanthropy
3. Data entry of Special Event information into event software
4. Run reports from donor and event software
5. Organize and ensure accuracy of bills for weekly payment by accountant
6. Prepare deposits and forward deposit information to accountant monthly
7. Assist with compilation of audit materials annually
8. Assist with notice and preparation of materials and take minutes for monthly Board meetings, quarterly Advisory Board meetings and Gala Committee meetings
9. Return calls and requests for information on behalf of ED
10. Prepare letters and other correspondence under direction of ED and in collaboration with Director of Philanthropy
11. Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
12. Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
13. Maintain appropriate files of a variety of document categories, including AR & AP accounts, grant files, etc.
14. Keep Executive Director abreast of important information or needed tasks
15. Review record-keeping systems and operating practices within the job purview for efficiency and effectiveness, recommending changes, as needed
16. Represent the Pantry in a friendly and welcoming way in all types of communication
17. Contribute to accomplishment of the mission of Aurora Area Interfaith Food Pantry
Bachelors degree or 5 years comparable experience.
Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp concepts and work independently or on a team, as needed; Excellent functional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and General Computer Use; Ability to work independently with understanding of when to seek direction; Administrative Writing, Process Management, Organization, and Information Analysis Skills; Supply Management and Inventory Control Skills; Professionalism; Problem Solving Approach; Good Verbal Communication Ability; Detail orientated; Accuracy in Work.
Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package with vacation; holidays; other PTO; health, dental and vision insurance options; life insurance; Retirement plan.
Email resume with ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION in Subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.