Honey Beet Bread RecipeJune 14, 2022
Have beets and are not sure what to do? Try this honey beet bread!
2 packages | active dry yeast
1-1/2 cups | warm water
2 Tbsp | honey
1-1/2 cups | grated uncooked fresh beets
1 cup | warm milk
2 Tbsp | butter, softened
2-1/2 tsp | salt
6-1/4 to 6-3/4 cups | all-purpose flour
Optional: Honey and butter
– In a bowl, add yeast and honey to warm water. Stir and let stay for 5 minutes. Add 3 cups flour, butter, salt, beets, and milk, and stir until combined. Add and stir in the remaining flour.
– Place in a bowl, cover, and let rise for about 50 minutes.
– Place dough on a floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape into 2 loaves.
– Place in 2 greased loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
– Bake at 350° for about 30-35 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
– If desired, serve with honey and butter.
Recipe inspiration and credit to: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/h…