Illinois Rental Payment ProgramDecember 02, 2021
The Illinois Housing and Development Authority (IHDA) is launching the Illinois Rental Payment Program (ILRPP) which can provide up to $25,000 in emergency rental assistance to qualifying households. Applications begin Monday, December 6, 2021 through Sunday, January 9, 2022, proof of citizenship is not required and the ILRPP assistance grant does NOT have to be repaid.
Rental Payment Program:
- Eligible households may receive up to 18 months of assistance from June 2020 through April 2022.
- Priority will be given to:
- Households with members who have been unemployed for 90 days.
- Households below 50% of the Area Median Income, adjusted for household size.
- The grant is paid directly to the landlord.
- For program information and to submit applications, visit illinoishousinghelp.org
To be eligible for the ILRPP, households must meet the following requirements:
- You are either a renter in Illinois or a landlord with a tenant who lives in Illinois.
- Your household (or your tenant’s household) experienced a financial hardship during or due, directly or indirectly, to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Your household (or your tenants’ household) is behind on rent and/or is at risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
- Your (or your tenant’s) household income is at or below 80% of the Area Median Income, adjusted for household size.