Pisello ToastMarch 17, 2022
This toast is a great alternative to avocado toast! Try it with different types of bread and toppings!
- (1) can sweet peas
- (1) loaf of bread
- (1) Tbsp lemon juice, add more for taste
- (1) garlic clove, minced
- (1) Tbsp onion, minced
- salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, for taste
- butter for bread
- Optional toppings: radishes, eggs, tomatoes, parsley
- Cut two slices of bread, butter both sides and place on a skillet over medium heat. Remove from heat once golden brown.
- In the same skillet, add 1 Tbsp of butter, minced garlic and onion. Cook until fragrant.
- Add peas, stir.
- Add lemon, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Stir and mash pea mixture until a paste consistency forms.
- Remove from heat, spread pea mixture over toast, add optional toppings. Enjoy!