Feed the need and end hunger at this annual event sponsored by Detachment 1233! All proceeds benefit the Aurora Food Pantry and the Marie Wilkinson Food Pantry and their programming for Vets. To become a sponsor, please click here.
10:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Join us at December’s First Friday for Aurora Downtown’s second annual Cocoa Crawl! The Aurora Food Pantry will have hot cocoa at Wyckwood House from 6-9pm. Stop by and warm up with Shannon and the Pantry Crew! Our friends at Compact Foods generously donated Ghirardelli Hot Chocolate. YUMMM!!!
Cocoa Crawl buttons and mugs are now sold out! If you have a mug and a button, then you’re golden and we’ll see you on Dec. 6.
First Fridays is art, music, and cocoa in December. Even if you didn’t get a mug and button, you can still enjoy First Fridays on Dec. 6 with art, music, and more at 40 locations in downtown Aurora.
Mugs and buttons are only needed for the Cocoa Crawl portion of the event. First Fridays is free and open to all!
The City of Aurora offers free trolley rides during First Fridays. Trolley rides are compliments of Aurora Downtown and stop approx. every 15 to 20 minutes at stops. 6 to 10 p.m.
These are the trolley stops:
1) GAR Museum, 23 E. Downer Pl.
2) Fire Museum, 53 N. Broadway (rear lot)
3) Restaurant Row on New York St. @ River St.
4) Santori Library (on Benton St.)
5) SciTech Hands On Museum, 18 W. Benton St.
There’s Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and now…Giving Tuesday. We are proud to be a part of this national movement to kick off the giving season. Check back for updates on how you can help make Giving Tuesday 2019 the best year ever!
It’s easy to get involved on December 3:
- Donate via our #ILGIVE site. Your donation will be put right to work providing food for families in our community.
- Help us get the word out. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and share our #GivingTuesday posts with your friends and family.
- Give back by volunteering. It takes nearly 120 volunteers each week to serve the 1,000 families that visit the pantry. Visit our volunteering page to learn how you can get involved.
Thank you for your generosity!
12:00PM to 2:00PM
1110 Jericho Road, Aurora IL 60506
Hunger can affect anyone, including our nation’s veterans. According to the National Veterans Foundation, 1.5 million veterans live in poverty.
To combat this situation, Aurora Food Pantry has partnered with the Fox Valley Marine Corps League to increase outreach to veterans in our community.
On Friday, November 8, we will be hosting a special food distribution for veterans at Aurora Food Pantry (1110 Jericho Rd. in Aurora). Please come to the Pantry with proof of service to celebrate the Marine Corps 244th birthday, receive a gift of food and meet other local veterans!
Read about the 2017 Veterans Pantry in our Spring Newsletter!
Learn more about our weekly food distributions here.
November 1 – November 27, 2019
For 12 years, the Holiday Food Drive has provided food to struggling families in our community. You can help ensure that no family goes hungry during the holidays.
Here are three ways to get involved:
1. Donate Food: Pre-packed bags of food can be purchased from November 1 – 27 at:
- Prisco’s Family Market: 1108 Prairie St. Aurora, IL
- Cermak Fresh Market: 1250 N. Lake St. Aurora, IL
- Food Market La Chiquita: 1525 Douglas Rd. Montgomery, IL
2. Donate Funds: Every $100 you donate provides $700 worth of food. You may send a check (payable to “Aurora Food Pantry”) to PO Box 2602, Aurora, IL 60507. Please note “Holiday Food Drive” in the memo line.
3. Volunteer: Help is needed handing out flyers and packing bags at participating grocery stores. It’s a great opportunity for students, groups, and families to get involved!
Sign up to volunteer here: http://bit.ly/12thannualhfd
Thank you for providing a happy holiday season for everyone in our community!
12th Annual Holiday Food Drive is Sponsored By:
Dolan & Murphy
95.9 The River
The Beacon News
Gerald Subaru of Naperville
Ballydoyle Irish Pub
Douglas One Carpet
Cermak Fresh Market
Prisco’s Family Market
Food Market La Chiquita
By popular demand, OctoberFeast will be back for 2018! So dust off your lederhosen, limber up your drinking arm and save the date for Saturday October 6. Complete event details, including ticket purchase, sponsorship opportunities, and more can be found here.
Email Elva at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Just a few clicks could mean a $10,000 donation for Aurora Food Pantry!
Visit this site and vote for Aurora Food Pantry to win a $10,000 donation from EarthMover Credit Union.
You can vote once a day through July 25th. Be sure to share this with your friends — the more votes the merrier!
Be sure to follow our Facebook page for updates — we’re going bananas over there!
Please note: You’ll need a Facebook account to participate. Please follow the directions to make sure your vote counts!