Aurora Area Interfaith Food Pantry operates one of the largest food pantries in northern Illinois, distributing 47,000 grocery baskets full of food to approximately 23,000 unique, low-income residents annually.
The mission of Aurora Food Pantry is to help end local hunger by ensuring that everyone has access to enough nourishing food, thereby helping our overall community stay healthy and productive. We accomplish this mission by:
- Helping to ensure that no one person goes hungry because they cannot afford food.
- Providing more nutritious food than an individual or family can afford to purchase.
- Helping struggling individuals and families to stretch their available resources to cover the cost of basic living expenses.
- Connecting clients to supportive social services and other community resources.
- Serving our clients with compassion and dignity.