Delish Lentil TacosMarch 08, 2022
- (1) tsp, oil or butter
- (1) garlic clove, minced or 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- (1) cup lentils, rinsed
- (2) cups of chicken broth or 2 chicken bouillon cubes and 2 cups of water
- (1) Tbsp taco seasoning – see below for homemade seasoning
- (10) taco shells
- Optional Toppings: beans, rice, lettuce, cheese, cilantro, sour cream, etc.
- In a small pot, cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is translucent in color. Add the lentils and taco seasoning, stir for one minute.
- Add chicken broth to the mixture, bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer until lentils are tender, 25-30 min.
- Remove the cover, cook for 5 min or until mixture is thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with taco shells and optional toppings.
Taco Seasoning: 1 Tbsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/2 paprika, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper.
Recipe inspiration from: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/222610/tasty-lentil-tacos/